Aashara Hospital is the pioneer to provide the top fertility treatments aiding patients to conceive a pregnancy in the most supportive and caring manner. We provide the best Intrauterine Insemination along with advanced fertility treatments such as IVF, ICSI, etc. We have a very high success rate in providing the IUI treatment at a pocket-friendly price of IUI cost in Chennai.
If you are currently facing issues like infertility, and have consulted with a fertility doctor for getting a comprehensive treatment of IUI in Chennai, then you may have several questions about treatment options. Terms like IUI, IVF, and ICSI may seem confusing. Firstly, let us discuss IUI. IUI, or Intrauterine Insemination.
What is IUI Treatment?
Intrauterine insemination (IUI) also known as donor insemination is a type of infertility treatment in which sperm is injected directly inside the uterus to facilitate fertilization. Here the sperm is first washed and the best one is chosen and inseminated into a woman’s uterus to reach the fallopian tubes and then conception follows naturally.
Women who have a history of pelvic adhesions or severe endometriosis are advised not to undergo this treatment of IUI in Chennai.
When is IUI Used?
IUI is a fertility treatment that is often selected by couples who have been trying so hard to conceive for at least a year with no success. IUI in Chennai is generally selected as a fertility treatment when a patient experience any of the following conditions:
- A single woman hoping to conceive
- Unexplained infertility
- Low sperm count
- Requirement of donor sperm
- Decreased sperm mobility
- Same-sex couples/ LGBTQ+ who wish to conceive
- Patients with an abnormal cervix
- Woman who has vaginismus
- Erection or ejaculation dysfunction
- Cervical scar tissue from endometriosis or past procedures
- Issues with the cervix or hostile cervical conditions like cervical mucus
What is the Procedure for IUI Treatment?
The procedure for IUI in Chennai is based on the following steps:
- Firstly, semen samples are collected by an Andrologist from the male partner.
- The next step involves cleaning the semen by washing, processing, and then concentrating only on the healthiest and most mobile sperms as it can only be helpful to fertilize the eggs.
- Next, the timing is ensured for starting the IUI procedure wherein the gynecologist continually monitors the female partner for signs of ovulation.
- This procedure takes a very short time duration. The semen is then inseminated into the fallopian tube to fertilize the eggs.
- After the procedure is complete, the patient will be asked to rest on her back for a while for about 15 minutes. Then the patient can perform her daily activities as usual.
How Successful are IUI Treatments?
The success rates for the treatment procedure of IUI in Chennai depend on several factors like age and underlying fertility challenges. At the same time, intrauterine insemination increases pregnancy rates by
- Including medications to force the development of more eggs than usual.
- Giving an HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) shot to trigger ovulation after the eggs are matured.
- Processing the sperm sample containing the sperm with a clean wash.
- Introducing the processed pellet by placing it inside a thin catheter and directly inserting it into the uterine cavity.
- There is no need for anesthesia to perform the IUI.
What are the Risks Involved in the IUI Treatment?
Although the procedure of IUI in Chennai is simple and safe with the minimum risk of serious complications, there can be certain disadvantages such as:
- There are chances of developing infections after the procedure.
- There can be minimal vaginal bleeding especially when a catheter is kept in the uterus, but it does not imply any pregnancy risks.
- IUI can cause multiple pregnancies like twins, triplets, or more because most of the procedures are combined with ovulation-induced medications.
Thus, IUI treatments are not so expensive form of fertility treatment. Getting comprehensive treatment at Aashara Hospital with an affordable IUI cost in Chennai to reduce the obstacles in the way and increases the chances of pregnancy.