Pediatrics is a healthcare specialty, that deals with the medical care of infants, children, as well as adolescents suffering from different ailments. Care for children in health and sickness is an integral part of the best pediatric hospital in Chennai. Our experts at Aashara Hospital have immense years of expertise in all sub-disciplines of pediatric medicine in treating pediatric diseases.
We focus to provide standard care centered around the requirements and needs of children suffering from disease right from birth to the age of 18 years. We provide a full range of clinical services, health promotion, tertiary care, and prevention programs for children as well as adolescents.
Also, we provide state-of-the-art pediatric care by means of open communication, emotional support, and education to the patients and their families to plan personalized treatment depending on the child’s comfort.
Various services provided by the department of pediatrics in this pediatric hospital in Chennai include:
- Allergy and Immunology: It is the management and treatment of diseases related to the immune system in the pediatric population. It includes treatment of diseases such as allergic conjunctivitis, allergic rhinitis, asthma, atopic dermatitis, contact dermatitis, pneumonia, angioedema, sinusitis, eosinophilic esophagitis or gastroenteritis, acute and chronic urticaria, severe combined immune deficiency syndromes, complement deficiency, antibody deficiencies, phagocytic cell abnormalities, etc.
- Cardiology: The treatment of disorders of the heart such as congenital mitral stenosis, bicuspid aortic valve, aortopulmonary septal defect, etc are handled in this best pediatric hospital in Chennai.
- Critical Care: It is a department that takes care of critically ill infants, children, and teenagers.
- Dermatology: It deals with skin diseases such as acne, vitiligo, eczema, psoriasis, hives, dermatitis, etc.
- Endocrinology: It is a branch of medicine dealing with the management and treatment of diseases of the endocrine system i.e., diseases of the pituitary gland, thyroid gland, adrenal gland, and pancreas. The diseases that are treated in the pediatric hospital in Chennai also include Graves’ disease, juvenile diabetes, acromegaly, cystic fibrosis, adrenal insufficiency, hyperthyroidism, etc.
- Emergency Medicine for Pediatrics: It refers to the care of children who are dealing with acute illnesses or injuries requiring immediate medical attention.
- Hematology: It deals with diseases relating to the blood such as anemia, thalassemia, sickle cell disease, spherocytosis, etc.
- Infectious Diseases: The best pediatric hospital in Chennai deals with diseases such as meningitis, whooping cough, flu, measles, chickenpox, Lyme disease, herpes simplex, osteomyelitis, etc.
- Gastroenterology: It deals with diseases in the gastrointestinal tract, pancreas, and liver in children such as celiac disease, constipation, colitis, Crohn’s disease, esophagitis, etc.
- Neonatology: It is a subspecialty of pediatrics that offers care for newborns, especially ill or premature newborns.
- Nephrology: It deals with all kinds of diseases relating to the kidney and urinary tract such as high blood pressure, kidney stones, kidney failure, abnormalities in the urine, etc.
- Neurology: The best pediatric hospital in Chennai deals with diseases of the nervous system i.e., brain, spine, muscles, or nerves such as congenital defects of the brain or spinal cord, vascular anomalies, tumors, hydrocephalus, epilepsy, etc.
- Oncology: It is a branch of medicine that deals with various types of cancers in the pediatric group such as leukemia, lymphoma, neuroblastoma, histiocytosis, sarcoma, retinoblastoma, etc.
- Ophthalmology: The best pediatric hospital in Chennai deals with diseases of the eye in children such as lazy eye, pink eye, cellulitis of the eye, astigmatism, hypermetropia, myopia, crossed eyes, etc.
- Pulmonology: It deals with the breathing issues such as asthma, apnoea, bronchitis, congenital lung abnormalities, cystic fibrosis, etc.
- Psychiatry: It deals with behavioral and developmental concerns amongst children such as ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder), OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder), oppositional defiant disorder, Tourette syndrome, anxiety, and depression.
- Rheumatology: It deals with rheumatic diseases in pediatrics like juvenile-onset systemic lupus erythematosus, scleroderma, etc.
Thus, Aashara Hospital takes a lot of care in providing child-centric service to the patients with a well-furnished ward equipped with the latest technologies to promote the overall development of the child. This comprehensive approach towards treatment has made us the best pediatric hospital in Chennai.