Fibroid treatment in Chennai can range from no treatment at all to surgery. Unless fibroids cause excessive bleeding, discomfort, or bladder problems, treatment usually isn’t necessary.
At Aashara Hospital, our team of uterine fibroid specialists including laparoscopic and robotic gynaecologists, surgeons, and interventional radiologists are experienced in handling all types of cases from primary to most complicated cases using advanced surgical techniques with minimal time and a high success rate.
What are Fibroids?
Uterine fibroids are noncancerous growths and the most common benign solid tumor of the female genital tract or uterus that often appear during childbearing years. It is also called leiomyomas or myomas. It is associated with an increased risk of uterine cancer and mostly never develops into cancer.
Uterine fibroids usually develop from the muscle tissue of the uterus. They may also grow in the cervix, fallopian tubes, or tissues near the uterus. It is diagnosed approximately that about 25-30% of females have uterine fibroids and the incidence may likely increase in the later years of women’s reproductive years.
What are the Causes of Uterine Fibroids?
The exact cause of uterine fibroids prevails to be unidentified, but clinical experience and research state that the causes can be due to:
- Genetic changes.
- Other growth factors.
What are the Symptoms of Uterine Fibroids?
The symptoms of uterine fibroids may or may not require a patient to take fibroids treatment in Chennai.
- Uterine leiomyomas (fibroids) are asymptomatic in which case no uterine fibroids treatment in Chennai is required.
- In certain cases, fibroids may cause heavy menstrual bleeding with menstrual cramps or both.
- Leads to pelvic pain and discomfort, severe back pain and constipation.
- Some women experience difficulty in conceiving.
- At times these fibroids apply pressure on the surrounding organs like the ureter and bladder giving rise to difficulty in emptying the bladder or causing backpressure changes leading to hydronephrosis.
Sometimes, uterine fibroids may lead to complications where large fibroids cause infertility by preventing a fertilized egg from blocking the fallopian tubes or implanting it in the womb. Fibroid treatment in Chennai is necessary for pregnant women because it can lead to difficulties during labor, as well as loss of pregnancy (miscarriage) in rare cases.
Diagnosis of Uterine Fibroids
During a normal pelvic exam, fibroids can be easily detected for the first time. Nevertheless, there are several tests prior to the uterine fibroids treatment in Chennai which could accurately reveal further details of the fibroids including:
- Clinical examination.
- Haemoglobin – To detect anaemia.
- Ultrasound abdomen and pelvis (USG).
- Hysterosalpingography (HSG).
However, some imaging tests like magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans and Computed Tomography (CT) could be useful in rare cases for fibroid treatment in Chennai to monitor the development of fibroids over time.
Uterine Fibroids Treatment
Check the Symptoms – If the fibroids are small and do not give rise to any symptoms, no active fibroids treatment in Chennai is required. The patient is advised for a regular annual ultrasound check-up to monitor the size of the fibroid(s).
Medications – They are used to shrink the fibroids temporarily to control symptoms such as painful or heavy periods but it is not a permanent cure.
Surgery – This option is offered when the symptoms cannot be controlled with medications or if the fibroids are too big/growing too rapidly.
- Laparoscopic Myomectomy – This is indicated for the female who is young and wants to preserve her uterus. Through this keyhole surgery, the fibroid or the myoma is removed. This fibroid treatment in Chennai ensures not to leave a long scar, so better cosmetic results are obtained.
- Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy – If the woman has multiple fibroids, then the uterus will be removed along with the fibroids during the fibroid treatment in Chennai.
- Hysteroscopic Myomectomy – If the fibroid is encroaching on the uterine cavity, then this procedure is performed.
Advantages of a Fibroid Treatment at Aashara Hospital
Fibroid surgery and endometrial ablation aid in relieving symptoms like heavy bleeding or abdominal pain. Removing your uterus will provide a permanent solution to most fibroid-related symptoms.
At Aashara Hospital, we perform advanced techniques to improve the safety of the surgery by reducing the anaesthetic risks and chances of scar rupture during pregnancy. The patient will have to experience the least pain post-surgery after getting the fibroid treatment in Chennai with the help of our specialists. Also, we don’t have any limitation to the number or the size of fibroids that can be removed from the uterus.